Monday 5 May 2008

Had a great day

Me and Andy went off to Morrisons this morning and Isobel sat in the trolley which was really nice. We left Katherine having her highlighted and Matt had his hair but by my friend Michelle from work.

We got a trolley full of goodies and came home and the weather was already warming up and it was really sunny.

We completely forgot that we'd never yet used the new BBQ and it had to be assembled so Andy was busy doing that while I sorted the food.

My sister Jane and her partner Lyn came over from Nottingham and my parents came too. We had a really lovely day. The food was great and the company was even better.

Later on Katherine's friend Mark called round and him and Matthew had a bit of a jam on the guitars in the garden. Andy had a go too as Matthew taught him something while we were out last night!

Amazing performance

Last night Katherine sang at the Miss Hinckley finals at a local hotel. It was a really big event and among the judges was tv's own Bill Maynard and Miss England!

She was very nervous. She had to sing Bryan Adam's 'Everything I do' and during the instrumental her friend Jade danced in front of her.

She was totally awesome! That had to be one of her best ever performances. She hit every note bang on and she sang with passion and real power. I was so impressed and I've seen her sing so many times before.

I was very proud as one of the organisers sat next to me and she said that she'd heard her sing and she was brilliant but she'd heard that she was good beforehand!

Hopefully we'll get a copy of the official dvd that was made and I'll be able to upload the clip.

Sarah x

No comments: