Friday 6 June 2008

Poor Matthew

I took him to have his verrucas and a wart on his hand frozen on Tuesday. It was quite a drastic prodecure. He was fine on Wednesday and went to school and ran two relays and came second in both! When he got home he said that his foot felt sore. Its right on his heel so it's the part that takes all the pressure.
By late Wednesday evening he could hardly walk! He's been hobbling around. Thursday morning he was crawling about on all fours so I didn't send him to school.

I said it looked like it had formed a large blood blister so later on he sterilised a needle and punctured it and got quite a lot of fluid out that eased the pain slightly.

He had a red line along his foot which was a bit worrying. He stayed off school again today and I took him to the doctors.

He checked him over and said it was very sore and swollen but that it would probably scab over in a couple of days and by Monday it should stop being so sore.

I think he's quite liked all the attention and being looked after ;o) I can't tell you that last time he had a day off school!

Here's a pic - not for the faint hearted though!


No comments: