Tuesday 8 April 2008

Back to school

The children went back to school today. It was a real shock to the system having to get up and out early after all our lovely long lie ins over the Easter hols.

I was amazed to have to scrape frost off the car too. Isobel went back to playgroup with no problems and I came home and did a few jobs and then I have to confess I went back to bed for a while as I was so shattered. I've not been sleeping well the last couple of nights.

I collected Izzy from Westfield playgroup at half past 11 then dashed home, got her changed into her uniform, collected her packed lunch and took her up to pre-school at our new church. She was sooo excited to be taking lunch to eat there. She'd given me specific instructions as to what she wanted in her lunch box - a tuna sandwhich, crisps, a drink and a chocolate bar! I also put some grapes in too but she didn't eat those.

She had a lovely time and I came home and had a good tidy round which she was there. It seemed strange being in home on my own most of the day after having had them all home for over 2 weeks.

We were supposed to have a band practise up at church this evening but we got there only to discover that it had been cancelled but no one let us know! I have to confess I was really cross as I hate being messed about. It was never like this when Andy was in charge but hey-ho ours is not to reason why.

The kids are going out again later to youth cell so hopefully that's not cancelled too!

While I was waiting for someone to turn up at church I ended up shepherding all the brownie into the small hall as it's the first time they have met in the new church, good job I was there really.

I've been really good and stuck to my diet really well over the last two days. I've also got my pedometer on too. Hopefully it means I'm back on track. I really need to lose more weight before our hols in July.

The kids are just bathing Isobel so I guess I better go and organise them. I'm sure she'll sleep well tonight after going to two playgroup sessions today!

I've put a little poll on my blog. If you visit regularly and find it interesting please choose 'yes' on the poll, if it's boring then choose 'no' and I'll make an effort to make it more interesting.

Sarah x

No comments: