Wednesday 9 April 2008

Isobel went shopping!

Well after just one day back at school Katherine had the day off today! I was greatful as it meant I didn't have to dash out early to take her.

She had what they call a PLP day which is like an informal chat with the teacher to see how they are doing. I went in with her this time and it was actually very helpful. She's going really well and is above target for most of her subjects and attaining A's and B's!

We discussed whether she might do her A levels at school or college and he suggested that it might not be a great loss if she didn't do a music A level and came back to studying music when she's 18.

He felt that her strengths lie in her academic studies and because she's involved in music anyway it would be better to concentrate on A levels, keep up with the music in her spare time and come back to it later on. I think that's really good advice.

I think she can pick up her music at any time during her life but it's only really now that she'll ever do A levels and it's only now that she can do them for free!

He pointed out that she only has 6 weeks left of full time school before her exam leave starts! He suggested we buy some revision guides which we did and hopefully she'll get down to some serious revision over the next few weeks.

While we were at school Isobel went shopping with her Godmother Alison. She took her birthday shopping and out for lunch!

Alison asked Isobel what she wanted and she couldn't get any further than saying something pink!! So she came back with a lovely pink lunch box which she can take her lunch to pre-school in every day. Alison also dropped her off at pre-school which was great as it meant that after the school interview me and Katherine didn't have to watch the clock. We went into Asda and tried some clothes on, although we didn't buy anything and then had some lunch in the cafe.

After that we came home, put the shopping away and went a walk over the post office.

I got a bargain in Asda for tea. A huge turkey breast reduced from over a tenner to £7!! So we had roast turkey, new potatoes, diced carrot and swede, brocolli and gravy for tea and it was delicious! There is enough turkey left for sandwhiches too!

We've had a fairly quiet afternoon. Katherine did some washing up (wonders will never cease). Matthew practised on his guitar for a bit and now Katherine is out at Youth Theatre.

Isobel was really tired and was in bed for 7pm.

I'm just going up to have a bath and then hopefully will have a few games of cards with my friend Lorraine before bed.

Andy seems in a better mood today. He was a bit quiet and grumpy yesterday, I think he's just tired.

I think I'm going to be brave and go to weightwatchers in the morning as I've been good all week and think I may have lost some weight although I'm not holding my breath!

I've been making some arrangements for the tea party that I plan to do on Christopher's birthday. More about that soon so if you are local please put Friday 25th April 2pm-4.30pm into your diary please and keep it free!

Sarah x

No comments: