Friday 25 April 2008

Happy Birthday Kip

It would have been Christopher's 10th birthday today, I can hardly believe it. He would no longer be our little 4 year old son who loved Thomas the Tank and Bob the Builder. I wonder what he would have wanted for his birthday.

I was still awake at 12.15am which is when he was born and I thought back to the first time I held him in my arms.

I went to the cemetary today and took some flowers and lit a candle in the little lantern there. It was sad to see his name on the stone.

The tea party went really well! There is a copy below of the newspaper article that was in the local paper yesterday. It's such a fab article we are really pleased with it.

We raised around £180 in just two hours We already have over £1,000 to send off to Edward's Trust. The money just keeps coming in!

It was really manic at the school. My Mum helped and my sister and Andy and boy did we need them!!

I had some gorgeous balloons printed with the Christopher's Fund logo and McDonalds donated some of the stick things that you put them on and my sister and Andy spent the whole two hours blowing up balloons and putting them on sticks!

All the children went away with a balloon as a momento which was really nice.

Morrisons gave us £45 worth of stuff for the party yesterday and I've just taken £20 back which was really good. They wanted to make sure we had enough and were happy for us to bring back the stuff that we didn't use and I was happy to do that.

They only usually let people have £5 to spend but the GM there has also lost a son so it's something close to his heart.

Sarah x

No comments: