Friday 4 April 2008

Visit to docs

I took Isobel to the doctors today. They've been monitoring some lumps in her neck for a few months now, one is particularly big and is visible just by looking at it. I've also noticed that her tonsil that side is very swollen and red so I thought I'd take her for a check up.

She was as good as gold and let the doc have a look down her throat. He said 'wow that is one huge tonsil'. He then said she has something which was very long and I can't remember but basically it's lumpy glands. He asked me if she was well in herself and I said she gets a lot of tummy ache but that I doubted it was connected but he said it was connected. He said if she has these lumps in her neck then she will have them in other places in her body too including her tummy and they stretch the stomach lining causing tummy ache which is why she has a lot of tummy pain.

He said that he doesn't want to do anything at the moment, the tonsil is doing it's job and catching all the bugs. He said he might want to do a blood count at some stage but not at the moment as getting blood from tots is never easy.

After the docs we went into town and met my Mum and Katherine as Katherine wasn't ready when we left the house so Mum called and picked her up. We had lunch together in the town which was really nice and we then nipped into Wilkos for more party bits and I bought some new knickers from Peacocks.

We got home and I went to work and Andy was up at church doing more bits and pieces to finish off.

When I got home the boiler was fixed - yay! At last! It will be soooo nice not having to run upstairs all the time to relight it. He's also fitted a carbon monoxide detector because he said the boiler is situated far to close to where we all sleep and carbon monoxide is a killer and can't be detected so for the sake of £40 it was worth fitting on and it's guaranteed for 5 years.

When I got home from work Andy had gone fishing! He never said a word to me!

The kids had had their tea so I got myself something and then we put Isobel to bed and we've just been watching telly and relaxing.

I'm just about to play cards online with my friend Lorraine for an hour or so before bed!

Sarah x

No comments: