Sunday 20 April 2008

Wow busy weekend!

This weekend our church did a 'weekend at home' as we've all been so busy getting ready to move into the new church and then moving in we thought it would be good to have a weekend just to chill out and enjoy each others company.

The weekend kicked off with a meal on Friday evening which was lovely. It was a bit of a rush for me as I was at work but as I'd done some overtime my supervisor let me finish half an hour early so that I could get home and changed and up to church for 7.30pm. Katherine came with me.

We had a lovely meal and the highlight was some cheesecake that a man named Chris had made, it was absolutely gorgeous! I ate far too much and felt really bloated when I got home.

The next morning we were back up at church at 10am and Katherine sang in the worship group and we had a morning of teaching from a guy from a church in Leamington called Andrew and it was really good.

We had a break for coffee and then a girl called Vicky did a talk. She'd previously been a drug addict and talked about her life before and after drugs and all the amazing work she and her church were doing as outreach in their local community. I was really inspired.

We all had lunch together but then I had to leave for work at 1.30pm but I left the children there as they were having a great time.

I finished work at 6pm and went back to church where we had a fish and chip supper and some family entertainment from lots of church members.

It was a brilliant evening. Katherine and Matthew did a song together, Matt played guitar and Katherine sung and they were really good. Isobel did a song by herself that she'd made up and she was soooo sweet and everyone loved her.

There are so many talented children and teenagers in our church, we are very blessed and we had a brilliant evening.

We arrived home just after 9pm and put Isobel to bed and ended up with Chris, Steve and Mark coming round and staying here until just after midnight! We had a good laugh with them though.

We were back at church this morning for 10.45am where we had an all age worship and coffee together.

When we left we brought my friends daughter, Jessica, home with us and she stayed for lunch. I think she's quite sweet on Matthew ;o)

I did spaghetti and meatballs. I've never done it before and it was really lovely.

The kids watched a dvd this afternoon and we took Jessica home just before 6pm.

Andy, Katherine and Matthew have just gone back to church for band practise and Isobel is doing some washing up for me! Bless her.

I'm just going to prize her away from the kitchen sink (that wont last) and bath her and put her to bed, although she had quite a long sleep this afternoon in our bed as she was so tired from the busy weekend.

Sarah x

No comments: